Skip to main content

NRA Cancels Annual Meeting Over of Surge of COVID in Texas


The New York Times reports that the National Rifle Association (NRA) announced it will be canceling its annual meeting in Houston, after NRA leaders consulted with medical professionals, local officials, and sponsors over concerns about the rising number of COVID cases, fueled by the Delta variant in the area.


Gee, you mean to tell me that the NRA is suddenly becoming concerned about people dying?  Could Wayne LaPierre and his henchmen be going soft?  I doubt it, more likely gun manufacturers just don’t feel confident enough to try and compete with a very deadly virus - in a killing contest.  NRA bosses probably feel that by canceling the convention, they’ve “dodged a bullet.”

Personally, I don’t see any reason to cancel the meeting.  Why, I haven’t seen any evidence that a handgun or an assault rifle can come down with the coronavirus.  Besides, with all those guns around in the hands of who knows who, it shouldn’t be all that difficult getting shot in the arm.  Of course, getting the vaccine is a whole other thing, but I digress.


The thing is, the NRA is just about bankrupt and this was supposed to be a big fundraiser.  How the hell is NRA chief Wayne LaPierre supposed to buy himself more custom-tailored suits?  You don’t expect the poor guy to shop at Men's Wearhouse, do you?  Of course, if it were up to the Libs, why they’d have our Mr. LaPierre, sitting in LaPrison by now.  


So, what is to become of the NRA anyway?  I mean, this is two conventions in a row now that had to be canceled.  Who knew the NRA would join up with the “Cancel Culture?”  Now, I’m no expert, but I think there’s a very simple “pro-gun solution” here - why, just shoot anyone who shows up at the convention, who tests positive for the virus.  Problem solved!


Johnny Robish Comedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War:  In a fiery speech, arguing that impeachment would disenfranchise Donald Trump’s supporters, defense lawyer David Schoen is being harshly criticized for his thinly veiled threat - warning that impeaching the former president could very well result in even more violence from Donald Trump’s easily enraged base. So, if I understand Schoen’s argument correctly, it sounds as if he’s implying that “if you bring Trump to trial, then that angry, violent mob who attacked the Capitol, wanting to hang Vice President Pence and kill various members of Congress, might get really, really mad again - and there will be reprisals.”   You know, we’re talking stuff like ”Nice country you have here - be a damn shame if something were to happen to it!”  In other words, Schoen’s trying to incite violence, in defense of a man who’s facing trial - over inciting violence.  They don’t teach you that in law school.   Now, is it jus...

Former Trump National Security Advisor Warns ‘Deep State’ Putting COVID Vaccine in Salad Dressing

Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was fired and then prosecuted for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia before being ultimately pardoned by Trump, is now sliding further into the QAnon conspiracy world, telling the hosts of an online show dedicated to COVID and election fraud conspiracies - that he has heard the “Deep State” is attempting to “sneak coronavirus vaccine into salad dressing.” Now, I have no idea where Gen. Flynn got this information, but my guess is it was probably a text from Mike Lindell or Rudy Giuliani, alerting him to the “hidden dangers of salad dressing.”  Or, it could have been Nicki Minaj for all I know.  After all, she does have another cousin who has a friend in Timbuktu.  Word on the street has it the “Deep State” will initially start with “Ranch Dressing” to vaccinate the cowboys, then move on to “Russian Dressing,” to get the rest of Trump’s supporters. Anyway, I hate to rain on Gen. Flynn’s conspiracy the...

Elon Musk Calls for the Prosecution of Anthony Fauci

Over the weekend, Elon Musk took to his Twitter account to call for the prosecution of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, endorsing a convoluted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims Dr. Fauci financed the COVID-19 pandemic.   Musk then proceeded to mock transgender people by adding “My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci.” Gee, the “world’s richest right-wing troll” said what?  Now, I realize it's a really low bar, but I think we’ve finally found someone who actually knows less about pronouns - than Herschel Walker.   Not to be critical, but a good sign you may have a wee bit too much money on your hands, is when you blow 44 billion dollars, just to call people names. Oh sure, I’m positive Elon Musk, like any right-wing crusader, gets a real kick out of using his Twitter to “Own the Libs.”  OK, I get that, but just who does he suppose is actually buying his friggin' cars, anyway?   I’m pretty sure it isn’t Trump’s toothless, MAGA half-wits who are fillin...