Skip to main content

GOP Sen. Ron Johnson Claims Clouds Will Stop Climate Change


During a segment on Fox News, while discussing climate change, Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) made the claim that the world is not really facing a climate crisis and that it is all just so much hysteria based on “bad science.”  He further claimed that alarmists were "ignoring the impact of clouds to basically act as a heatsink."  Then, without missing a beat, he astonishingly proceeded to claim “windmills are killing the whales.”

Wow, the nation’s dumbest senator said what?  Clouds will stop climate change?  Makes sense, just like umbrellas will stop it from raining.  So, if it’ll be clouds that’ll stop climate change, I guess that would explain why Johnson spends so much time in his backyard in his underwear yelling up at the clouds.  Frankly, the only way I can imagine Johnson’s cloud scenario possibly working would be if Johnson were to release that massively dense, dark cloud that inhabits most of the interior of his skull.

Of course, Johnson’s Republican pals will naturally argue that Johnson is “spot on” in his attacks on climate scientists.  And I do have to admit Johnson has definitely made some quite “interesting” points on the subject over the years.  You know, like global warming is the result of sunspots, and climate change “has always” been a thing - and to prove it, Johnson pointed out that Greenland was once actually “a green land” - hence its name.

That said, I believe perhaps Ron Johnson’s most profound contribution to climate science is his groundbreaking theory that “windmills are killing the whales.”  Now, I hate to sound like one of those folks who “blames the victim,” but if Johnson is correct on this, I honestly can’t help but feel that “this what these whales get for leaving the ocean (where they belong) and flying through the air like that.”  Why their place is in the water, not clogging up our airways.

Of course, I’m sure that just because Johnson and his Republican pals are all rolling in fossil fuel industry cash, it has nothing to do with any positions they’ve taken on this issue.  Now, my question is, “It sure seems like clouds have been around for an awful long time.  Just how effective have these clouds been so far?”  So, sorry, Senator Johnson, but I think Joni Mitchell probably put it best in her song “Both Sides Now” when she said, “You really don't know clouds - at all.”

If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve just read, please consider joining me at:

Johnny Robish Comedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War:  In a fiery speech, arguing that impeachment would disenfranchise Donald Trump’s supporters, defense lawyer David Schoen is being harshly criticized for his thinly veiled threat - warning that impeaching the former president could very well result in even more violence from Donald Trump’s easily enraged base. So, if I understand Schoen’s argument correctly, it sounds as if he’s implying that “if you bring Trump to trial, then that angry, violent mob who attacked the Capitol, wanting to hang Vice President Pence and kill various members of Congress, might get really, really mad again - and there will be reprisals.”   You know, we’re talking stuff like ”Nice country you have here - be a damn shame if something were to happen to it!”  In other words, Schoen’s trying to incite violence, in defense of a man who’s facing trial - over inciting violence.  They don’t teach you that in law school.   Now, is it jus...

Trump Commutes Old Pal Roger Stone's Sentence

Trump Commutes Old Pal Roger Stone's Sentence:   After declaring Roger Stone a victim of the “Russia hoax” perpetuated by the Left and its allies in the media, President Trump has commuted the three-year prison criminal sentence for the Republican operative and dirty trickster, who was due to report to federal prison on Tuesday after being found guilty of obstruction, witness tampering and lying to Congress. Good grief, is it my imagination, or has Trump actually just pardoned the real-life version of the Monopoly guy?  I mean, Stone is a villain right out of Charles Dickens.  Why, this is an act so corrupt, it’s almost enough to make Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin blush. Now, I’m no legal expert, but it appears what the Trump Administration is basically arguing is that - someone shouldn’t be punished for committing a crime which “they really should’ve gotten away with.”  And while that may sound a bit odd to the rest of us, that kind of thinking makes go...

Elon Musk Calls for the Prosecution of Anthony Fauci

Over the weekend, Elon Musk took to his Twitter account to call for the prosecution of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, endorsing a convoluted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims Dr. Fauci financed the COVID-19 pandemic.   Musk then proceeded to mock transgender people by adding “My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci.” Gee, the “world’s richest right-wing troll” said what?  Now, I realize it's a really low bar, but I think we’ve finally found someone who actually knows less about pronouns - than Herschel Walker.   Not to be critical, but a good sign you may have a wee bit too much money on your hands, is when you blow 44 billion dollars, just to call people names. Oh sure, I’m positive Elon Musk, like any right-wing crusader, gets a real kick out of using his Twitter to “Own the Libs.”  OK, I get that, but just who does he suppose is actually buying his friggin' cars, anyway?   I’m pretty sure it isn’t Trump’s toothless, MAGA half-wits who are fillin...