Skip to main content

Trump Reportedly Floated Pardon for Border Official

Trump Reportedly Floated Pardon for Border Official:  It’s being reported that President Trump told Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan that if he broke federal immigration law by denying migrants entry into the United States, he would pardon him - if he ever were to be jailed over the issue.
So, it seems we have a President of the United States, dangling pardons in order to encourage government officials to commitment federal crimes?  Good, grief, if this had been anyone other than Donald Trump, that certainly would have been grounds for impeachment.  

Kind of makes you wonder, where do all those strict constitutionalist, patriotic, law and order Republicans stand on all this?  Well, it turns out that Republicans actually aren’t all that concerned about the rule of law after all.  You see, what they really wanted, was an arsonist - and Donald Trump just happens to be the man with all the matches.

Now, Republicans are gonna argue that this really can’t be a case of abuse of power, because Trump almost never keeps his word.  For example, did he ever get around to killing anyone on 5th Avenue like he promised during the campaign?  Not yet, anyway!  

Well, I guess they do have a good point there.  Hmmm, then I wonder if Commissioner McAleenan is actually dumb enough to believe Trump would keep his word about a pardon?  I would suggest he might ask Paul Manafort how that Trump pardon thing is working out for him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War:  In a fiery speech, arguing that impeachment would disenfranchise Donald Trump’s supporters, defense lawyer David Schoen is being harshly criticized for his thinly veiled threat - warning that impeaching the former president could very well result in even more violence from Donald Trump’s easily enraged base. So, if I understand Schoen’s argument correctly, it sounds as if he’s implying that “if you bring Trump to trial, then that angry, violent mob who attacked the Capitol, wanting to hang Vice President Pence and kill various members of Congress, might get really, really mad again - and there will be reprisals.”   You know, we’re talking stuff like ”Nice country you have here - be a damn shame if something were to happen to it!”  In other words, Schoen’s trying to incite violence, in defense of a man who’s facing trial - over inciting violence.  They don’t teach you that in law school.   Now, is it jus...

Elon Musk Calls for the Prosecution of Anthony Fauci

Over the weekend, Elon Musk took to his Twitter account to call for the prosecution of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, endorsing a convoluted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims Dr. Fauci financed the COVID-19 pandemic.   Musk then proceeded to mock transgender people by adding “My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci.” Gee, the “world’s richest right-wing troll” said what?  Now, I realize it's a really low bar, but I think we’ve finally found someone who actually knows less about pronouns - than Herschel Walker.   Not to be critical, but a good sign you may have a wee bit too much money on your hands, is when you blow 44 billion dollars, just to call people names. Oh sure, I’m positive Elon Musk, like any right-wing crusader, gets a real kick out of using his Twitter to “Own the Libs.”  OK, I get that, but just who does he suppose is actually buying his friggin' cars, anyway?   I’m pretty sure it isn’t Trump’s toothless, MAGA half-wits who are fillin...

Former Trump National Security Advisor Warns ‘Deep State’ Putting COVID Vaccine in Salad Dressing

Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was fired and then prosecuted for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia before being ultimately pardoned by Trump, is now sliding further into the QAnon conspiracy world, telling the hosts of an online show dedicated to COVID and election fraud conspiracies - that he has heard the “Deep State” is attempting to “sneak coronavirus vaccine into salad dressing.” Now, I have no idea where Gen. Flynn got this information, but my guess is it was probably a text from Mike Lindell or Rudy Giuliani, alerting him to the “hidden dangers of salad dressing.”  Or, it could have been Nicki Minaj for all I know.  After all, she does have another cousin who has a friend in Timbuktu.  Word on the street has it the “Deep State” will initially start with “Ranch Dressing” to vaccinate the cowboys, then move on to “Russian Dressing,” to get the rest of Trump’s supporters. Anyway, I hate to rain on Gen. Flynn’s conspiracy the...