Skip to main content

Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent Passes Senate Unanimously


The United States Senate has unanimously voted to end the biannual practice of “spring forward” and “fall back” under a bill that would make daylight saving time permanent, a move that reflects the increasingly popular view that the twice-yearly disruption hurts sleep and poses health and safety risks.  Under the measure, the shift to permanent daylight saving time would take effect next year.

Angry daylight saving time advocates complained that Congress sure took their damn “time” passing this.  Of course, not everyone was happy about the passage of the bill.  Arizona, which does not recognize daylight saving time and remains on Mountain Standard Time year-round, has already indicated they will reject the vote and demand a recount.  In addition, Arizona Republicans announced their intent to convene the state legislature, in a united effort to censure “Father Time.”  Why, this bill has become so controversial, it can only properly be referred to it as “Hourgate.”


Meanwhile, libertarians like Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) say “Americans should have the freedom to set their clocks to whatever time they want it to be.”  And, I get his point, everyone should be free to have their own, “personal time zone.”  Others argue that this bill will mean children on the east coast will have to wait for their school bus in the dark.  Of course, for students in Florida, it won’t really matter all that much, because Gov. DeSantis is doing his best to keep students “in the dark at all times” anyway.  Still, some worry this could negatively impact the melatonin in our brains that regulate sleep, but that’s just nonsense.  Everyone knows sleep is best regulated by a “well-timed martini.” 


Then, there are always fans of the 70s rock group Chicago, who are going to ask “Does anybody really know what time it is?  Does anybody really care - about time?  If so I can't imagine why.”  Now, what I find odd is, how did this bill ever pass unanimously in the senate?  Hell, Sen. Joe Manchin vetoes everything.  I guess as long as it doesn’t cut into his fossil fuel donor’s finances, he’s fine with it.  And they say our Congress can’t get anything done.  Why, this bill will no doubt strike fear into the hearts of our global adversaries.


As for me, I’m all in for making one of them permanent, and I don’t really care which one.  All I know is, I almost threw my back out this year trying to “spring forward.”  Besides, I really hate having to reset the time on my iPhone every six months!  As for the kiddies walking to school in the dark, well that’s nonsense.  We all know soccer moms banned kids from walking to school years ago.  Hell, kids are way too coddled anyway.  Why, when I was a kid, I had to walk 30 miles each way to school, through 9 feet of snow and pounding hail storms, uphill both ways, and all while being chased by wild dogs.  Damn it, don’t tell me about hardships!


If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve just read, please consider joining me at:

Johnny Robish Comedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War:  In a fiery speech, arguing that impeachment would disenfranchise Donald Trump’s supporters, defense lawyer David Schoen is being harshly criticized for his thinly veiled threat - warning that impeaching the former president could very well result in even more violence from Donald Trump’s easily enraged base. So, if I understand Schoen’s argument correctly, it sounds as if he’s implying that “if you bring Trump to trial, then that angry, violent mob who attacked the Capitol, wanting to hang Vice President Pence and kill various members of Congress, might get really, really mad again - and there will be reprisals.”   You know, we’re talking stuff like ”Nice country you have here - be a damn shame if something were to happen to it!”  In other words, Schoen’s trying to incite violence, in defense of a man who’s facing trial - over inciting violence.  They don’t teach you that in law school.   Now, is it jus...

Elon Musk Calls for the Prosecution of Anthony Fauci

Over the weekend, Elon Musk took to his Twitter account to call for the prosecution of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, endorsing a convoluted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims Dr. Fauci financed the COVID-19 pandemic.   Musk then proceeded to mock transgender people by adding “My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci.” Gee, the “world’s richest right-wing troll” said what?  Now, I realize it's a really low bar, but I think we’ve finally found someone who actually knows less about pronouns - than Herschel Walker.   Not to be critical, but a good sign you may have a wee bit too much money on your hands, is when you blow 44 billion dollars, just to call people names. Oh sure, I’m positive Elon Musk, like any right-wing crusader, gets a real kick out of using his Twitter to “Own the Libs.”  OK, I get that, but just who does he suppose is actually buying his friggin' cars, anyway?   I’m pretty sure it isn’t Trump’s toothless, MAGA half-wits who are fillin...

Former Trump National Security Advisor Warns ‘Deep State’ Putting COVID Vaccine in Salad Dressing

Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was fired and then prosecuted for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia before being ultimately pardoned by Trump, is now sliding further into the QAnon conspiracy world, telling the hosts of an online show dedicated to COVID and election fraud conspiracies - that he has heard the “Deep State” is attempting to “sneak coronavirus vaccine into salad dressing.” Now, I have no idea where Gen. Flynn got this information, but my guess is it was probably a text from Mike Lindell or Rudy Giuliani, alerting him to the “hidden dangers of salad dressing.”  Or, it could have been Nicki Minaj for all I know.  After all, she does have another cousin who has a friend in Timbuktu.  Word on the street has it the “Deep State” will initially start with “Ranch Dressing” to vaccinate the cowboys, then move on to “Russian Dressing,” to get the rest of Trump’s supporters. Anyway, I hate to rain on Gen. Flynn’s conspiracy the...