Skip to main content

National Outcry Forces Sarasota Newspaper to Pull Op-Ed Praising Proud Boys


The Sarasota Herald-Tribune (FL) ran an opinion piece written by Melissa Radovich this past weekend, in which her headline read “Attacking Proud Boys Does a Disservice to Caring School Parents.”  She further explained that “When I think about the Proud Boys, I think of fathers, business owners, and veterans.”  The op-ed drew so much heavy criticism nationally, that the paper was eventually forced to pull the op-ed.  Interestingly, what the paper failed to mention even in their retraction, is that this op-ed piece’s author Melissa Radovich, isn’t just some soccer mom trying to be fair-minded - she’s also married to one of the Proud Boys.

Now, I have to admit when I first read this, I thought “Gee, does Mar-a-Lago have a newspaper?”  But then I realized it was actually a Sarasota paper.  Now obviously the way Ms. Radovich portrays the Proud Boys is quite controversial for many, but I fully understand what she means.  Why, it’s just like saying “I might have been a blood-thirsty, sadistic guard at Auschwitz, but darn it - I’m a father and a husband too!”  Or, perhaps “Under those Klan robes, are just a friendly bunch of well-intentioned dads."


With that said, I’d like to clarify a little something Ms. Radovich and MAGAs seem to misunderstand - “folks aren’t mad at neo-Nazis for being good parents.”  It isn't their child-rearing that’s at issue.  You see, even we libtards understand fascists aren’t busy doing evil 100% of the time, just like Ted Bundy didn’t spend all day, every day - committing homicides.  That said, I am always a bit shocked when I read that one of these neo-Nazi thugs is married and raising children.  Why, everything else aside, just how “proud” can a Proud Boy be, when you and your entire family - are living all cramped-up down in your mom's basement?


If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve just read, please consider joining me at:

Johnny Robish Comedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War:  In a fiery speech, arguing that impeachment would disenfranchise Donald Trump’s supporters, defense lawyer David Schoen is being harshly criticized for his thinly veiled threat - warning that impeaching the former president could very well result in even more violence from Donald Trump’s easily enraged base. So, if I understand Schoen’s argument correctly, it sounds as if he’s implying that “if you bring Trump to trial, then that angry, violent mob who attacked the Capitol, wanting to hang Vice President Pence and kill various members of Congress, might get really, really mad again - and there will be reprisals.”   You know, we’re talking stuff like ”Nice country you have here - be a damn shame if something were to happen to it!”  In other words, Schoen’s trying to incite violence, in defense of a man who’s facing trial - over inciting violence.  They don’t teach you that in law school.   Now, is it jus...

Trump Commutes Old Pal Roger Stone's Sentence

Trump Commutes Old Pal Roger Stone's Sentence:   After declaring Roger Stone a victim of the “Russia hoax” perpetuated by the Left and its allies in the media, President Trump has commuted the three-year prison criminal sentence for the Republican operative and dirty trickster, who was due to report to federal prison on Tuesday after being found guilty of obstruction, witness tampering and lying to Congress. Good grief, is it my imagination, or has Trump actually just pardoned the real-life version of the Monopoly guy?  I mean, Stone is a villain right out of Charles Dickens.  Why, this is an act so corrupt, it’s almost enough to make Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin blush. Now, I’m no legal expert, but it appears what the Trump Administration is basically arguing is that - someone shouldn’t be punished for committing a crime which “they really should’ve gotten away with.”  And while that may sound a bit odd to the rest of us, that kind of thinking makes go...

Elon Musk Calls for the Prosecution of Anthony Fauci

Over the weekend, Elon Musk took to his Twitter account to call for the prosecution of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, endorsing a convoluted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims Dr. Fauci financed the COVID-19 pandemic.   Musk then proceeded to mock transgender people by adding “My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci.” Gee, the “world’s richest right-wing troll” said what?  Now, I realize it's a really low bar, but I think we’ve finally found someone who actually knows less about pronouns - than Herschel Walker.   Not to be critical, but a good sign you may have a wee bit too much money on your hands, is when you blow 44 billion dollars, just to call people names. Oh sure, I’m positive Elon Musk, like any right-wing crusader, gets a real kick out of using his Twitter to “Own the Libs.”  OK, I get that, but just who does he suppose is actually buying his friggin' cars, anyway?   I’m pretty sure it isn’t Trump’s toothless, MAGA half-wits who are fillin...