Skip to main content

Republican House Seeks to Rename Dulles Airport After Trump


House Republicans have introduced new legislation to rename Washington Dulles International Airport after former president Donald J. Trump.  In a statement, Republicans declared, “As millions of domestic and international travelers fly through the airport, there is no better symbol of freedom, prosperity and strength than hearing ‘Welcome to Trump International Airport’ as they land on American soil.”


Wow, rename such an Important airport like Dulles International after Trump?  What for?  Is it going bankrupt?  Well, I guess that one way to ensure every flight is gonna be late.  Now, not to be critical, but I could perhaps understand naming a sewage treatment facility after Trump, but an airport - not so much.  Hey, now that I think of it, the idea of a “Donald J. Trump Sewage Treatment Facility” - really does have a certain “stench” to it.


Anyway, one thing’s for sure, this move is gonna be really controversial.  The truth is, I’m sure most Americans would be perfectly fine with allowing Trump’s face to be placed on, say - a three-dollar bill, or perhaps renaming San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge the “Trump Golden Shower Bridge,” or even having Trump’s name inscribed on every interstate highway’s rest stop restroom wall - but not airports.


Besides, and mark my words, if Republicans are successful in renaming this after their “Orange God,” expect him to demand royalties for use of his name.  And the first order of business?  Why, more direct flights to Moscow - of course.  Now, some may ask, why do this?  Well, I guess Republicans must figure you have to start out small by renaming an airport, before moving on to eventually renaming the entire country. Gee, “Trumpistan” does actually have a bit of a ring to it, doesn’t it?  


That said, I still can’t help but thinking, “Could this possibly be some sort of late April Fools prank?”  Then it occurs to me, wasn’t Dulles International one of the airports Trump once told a Fourth of July audience that was seized from the British by the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War?  I mean, talk about a unique perspective on our war for independence!  One thing’s for sure, you’re never gonna learn anything like that in the history books.  That is, unless Republicans grab control of our school boards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War

Trump Lawyer Schoen Threatens America With Civil War:  In a fiery speech, arguing that impeachment would disenfranchise Donald Trump’s supporters, defense lawyer David Schoen is being harshly criticized for his thinly veiled threat - warning that impeaching the former president could very well result in even more violence from Donald Trump’s easily enraged base. So, if I understand Schoen’s argument correctly, it sounds as if he’s implying that “if you bring Trump to trial, then that angry, violent mob who attacked the Capitol, wanting to hang Vice President Pence and kill various members of Congress, might get really, really mad again - and there will be reprisals.”   You know, we’re talking stuff like ”Nice country you have here - be a damn shame if something were to happen to it!”  In other words, Schoen’s trying to incite violence, in defense of a man who’s facing trial - over inciting violence.  They don’t teach you that in law school.   Now, is it jus...

Trump Commutes Old Pal Roger Stone's Sentence

Trump Commutes Old Pal Roger Stone's Sentence:   After declaring Roger Stone a victim of the “Russia hoax” perpetuated by the Left and its allies in the media, President Trump has commuted the three-year prison criminal sentence for the Republican operative and dirty trickster, who was due to report to federal prison on Tuesday after being found guilty of obstruction, witness tampering and lying to Congress. Good grief, is it my imagination, or has Trump actually just pardoned the real-life version of the Monopoly guy?  I mean, Stone is a villain right out of Charles Dickens.  Why, this is an act so corrupt, it’s almost enough to make Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin blush. Now, I’m no legal expert, but it appears what the Trump Administration is basically arguing is that - someone shouldn’t be punished for committing a crime which “they really should’ve gotten away with.”  And while that may sound a bit odd to the rest of us, that kind of thinking makes go...

Elon Musk Calls for the Prosecution of Anthony Fauci

Over the weekend, Elon Musk took to his Twitter account to call for the prosecution of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, endorsing a convoluted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims Dr. Fauci financed the COVID-19 pandemic.   Musk then proceeded to mock transgender people by adding “My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci.” Gee, the “world’s richest right-wing troll” said what?  Now, I realize it's a really low bar, but I think we’ve finally found someone who actually knows less about pronouns - than Herschel Walker.   Not to be critical, but a good sign you may have a wee bit too much money on your hands, is when you blow 44 billion dollars, just to call people names. Oh sure, I’m positive Elon Musk, like any right-wing crusader, gets a real kick out of using his Twitter to “Own the Libs.”  OK, I get that, but just who does he suppose is actually buying his friggin' cars, anyway?   I’m pretty sure it isn’t Trump’s toothless, MAGA half-wits who are fillin...